Become a Volunteer
Search our list of upcoming volunteer events and sign up to help out.
Make a Donation
Make a secure, tax deductible donation to any of our community partners listed below.
Apply for a Grant
Grants up to $10,000 are available to a range of organizations.
Unical Roots is a giving project of Unical Aviation. We’re an Aviation company based in the City of Industry and San Bernardino, CA interested in strengthening the communities where we live and work, particularly for those most marginalized.
We are not a foundation. We are the corporate philanthropy arm of the Unical company looking to give and develop relationships with community organizations or groups who are led by those who are most directly impacted by the issues they are trying to address.
We have a particular focus on supporting and mainstreaming place-based strategies and generative economy work, both in general and in our communities.
- Thriving, local communities in the areas where Unical and its employees live and work and beyond. Communities where everyone, particularly those who have traditionally been marginalized, can benefit.
- Employees and community members seeing and experiencing Unical as a business that prioritizes their workers and communities.
- Self-sufficient workers and communities in the areas surrounding Unical and beyond.
- Serving as backbone and support for local communities of which we’re a part, focusing most on those with least access to meet their basic needs
- Strengthening existing work in which community leaders are already engaging
- Engaging employees in practicing philanthropy and volunteer work
- Serving as a philanthropic leader in the Aviation Industry and private sector overall
- Investing in initiatives that promote generative economies whose work could influence and support the community leaders in the southern California region
- Supporting the development of future workers for the Unical family and local economy through workforce development and education
- Capacity Building
- Entrepreneurship & Generative Economies
- Workforce Development